Professional Services Field Engineer
Professional services engineer
TMB are renowned for delivering highly effective IT solutions to the hotel industry. Catering for all size of hotel business – from major brand franchises through to independent boutiques, we provide a ‘one stop shop’ IT offering.
We are currently seeking a senior engineer to join our professional services department at TMB. The role will be nationwide and will be responsible for installing & maintaining all types of hardware. The hardware is wide and varied from HP Servers & desktops to wireless systems and network infrastructure. The professional services department are also responsible for reacting to site visit requirements where hardware has either failed or replacement equipment is needed.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same and you possess the creativity and innovation that will help us achieve our goals, then we’d love to hear from you.
What does the role involve?
- Work primarily around the country based from your home.
- Work a 40 hour week between 8:00am & 5:00pm with an hours lunch, Overtime where necessary.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all our end users.
- Take ownership of site builds or problems and help identify solutions to resolve installations and requests.
- Provide customers with regular communication on the progress of their planned solution.
- Work closely with all members of the department to provide swift response and resolutions.
- Maintain customer documentation so sites can easily be supported.
- Liaise with colleagues, utilising their experience to resolve more complex problems.
- Share information and specialist expertise to support colleagues in the successful delivery and to assist their professional development.
What qualifications or skills do I need?
- Exceptional customer service, communication and support skills are essential
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Experience in Server and desktop builds.
- In-depth hands on experience in server hardware, operating systems and software packages e.g. current and older operating systems, all server applications (DHCP, DNS, AD, etc), group policy management, indicated by for example MCP level accreditation.
- A good working knowledge of a wide variety of ICT hardware. e.g. desktops, laptops, notebooks, Multi Function Printers (MFP) and other peripheral devices. A good understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. routers, switches, Wireless Access Points (WAP) and managed cabling.
- An understanding of VOIP technologies.
- Ability to install and maintain TMB’s wireless solution.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org