TMB Systems Group (TMB) is a privately owned company established in 1989 and has over 50 members of staff. Based in the south of England, the company has enjoyed continued growth and expansion into the hospitality market here and abroad.
TMB is proud to represent many of the best independent hotels in the UK as well as enjoying working relationships with leading global hospitality brands.
Due to our continued success we currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager to join our growing team at our office in Christchurch.
JOB ROLE: Account Manager
As Account Manager your responsibilities will be two–fold; to manage, retain and grow a portfolio of existing customer accounts as well as handle new business sales enquiries from prospective customers
You will be a proactive self-starter who can instil confidence in customers by having sound knowledge of TMB’s portfolio of services, first class customer service and excellent sales ability.
Candidates must have previous account management or customer service experience. Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and interest in IT.
- Maximise and retain revenue for an assigned set of accounts
- Proactively contact each account on a regular basis to maintain and build the relationship
- Gain a deep understanding of each account’s current and future technology plans
- Act as a point of contact for account queries or issues and liaise with the relevant internal department to resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Liaise with the internal teams to manage opportunities. Seek support and guidance as needed to convert opportunities to sales
- Develop the skills and knowledge required to sell TMB’s full portfolio of products and services
- Ensure the CRM system is kept accurate and up-to-date
- Ensure best practice in your approach to selling solutions to meet each customer’s requirements
- Maximise revenue by cross and up selling, whilst adhering to TMB’s sales principles
- Provide a monthly update on account activity and an accurate pipeline of new business opportunities
- Take responsibility for building and maintaining industry and competitor knowledge
Required Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the services in TMB’s portfolio. For instance, IT technologies, cyber security, internet connectivity, hosting and telecoms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate confidently and professionally over the phone and in person at customer premises
- Ability to analyse customer needs and recommend solutions which meet those needs
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Enjoys working on own initiative
- Able to handle account issues in a patient and friendly manner
- Able to demonstrate a high level of computer literacy and Microsoft Office experience
- Strong interest in technology and willingness to learn and share knowledge
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous experience growing and retaining accounts and identifying and winning new business
- Proven track record of achieving targets and meeting KPI’s
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and associated technology
- Educated to degree level or equivalent